An up to date official roster must be submitted before the teams first game. Only players on the official team’s roster be allowed to participate in the tournament’s games. It is the coaches responsibility to ensure previous submitted rosters are up to date. Coaches or team admin should have team’s roster and documentation on hand throughout the entire tournament.
Teams must have proper documentation (proof of age; ei; copy of birth certificate, passport, State ID, National Sports ID. etc. & report card) to support accuracy of team’s roster. Coaches or team admin should have team’s roster and documentation on hand throughout the entire tournament.
Your team will be guaranteed to be scheduled for a minimum of three games. (If a team forfeits a game, the scheduled game will count as a win (+15 points) for the opposing team).
NGS reserves the right to combine two divisions warranted the number of teams per division.
Only coaches are allowed to bring 2 basketballs into the facility. Unless game time, players/siblings are NOT only to bounce a basketball within the facility or on an unused basketball court.
Within 14 days of a scheduled tournament a refund will not be issued due to the inability or unwillingness to attend/participate in an event. A refund will also not be provided due to a team’s forfeit or “no show” to a tournament.
2 per team (applies to coaches and assistant coaches only). Individuals must sign in to receive pass. Coaches with coaches bands must sit on players bench during games. Coaches must wear a collared polo styled shirt or a team shirt. (ei; a t-shirt with the team name of it)
Players/Fans on the Court
Only players and coaches on the team’s roster will be allowed on the courts during the team’s game time. Fans are not allowed to play on the court during any part of the tournament. This includes but is not limited to; bouncing a basketball, shooting a basketball, dribbling a basketball, walking on the basketball court. Fans and other teams are not allowed on the court during any time of a times basketball game. This includes but is not limited to; during warm ups, during time outs, during halftime, etc.
Players’ jerseys must have numbers on both the front and back. Numbers can be 00-99.
Uniform Colors: Home wears white/light colored jerseys and Visitor wears dark jerseys. All players must be in team uniform. A t-shirt is not considered a uniform.
- Any coach ejected for fighting will be removed for the remainder of the tournament.
- Any player recorded on the official score sheet as ejected for fighting will be prohibited from playing in their next scheduled game. Penalties up to expulsion from the tournament can be levied upon players ejected for fighting.
- If a coach or player is ejected from a game for unsportsmanlike conduct (not fighting), he/she must leave the visible game area for the duration of the game.
- If a coach or player is ejected a second time, he/she will be ineligible for participating in the remainder of the tournament.
- Coaches or athletes who leave the confines of the bench to engage players, coaches, fans, or officials on the playing floor can face expulsion from the tournament.
- NGS may impose suspensions or other penalties which occurs at any time and any location during the event.
- Coaches and athletes who engage in misbehavior may be subject to additional disciplinary action from local police department.
- No parent or fan may enter the playing court for any reason unless beckoned onto the court by the game officials (referees) or the Tournament Directory. Entering without being beckoned onto the play surface can and will result in immediate ejection from the facility and being barred from returning for the current tournament and future tournaments. Misbehavior of parents or fans could result in the pursuance of disciplinary action from the local police department.
As parent/guardian/coach, I hold legal responsibility for the participant(s) listed below. I release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Next Generation Sports, LLC, and/or its affiliate organizations, employees, coaches, including but not limited to its owners, from any and all legal actions, causes of actions, claims and demands for, upon or by reason of any injury which at any time may be sustained by the participant(s) participating in this basketball tournament. I certify and agree that my child/player is physically capable of participating in this basketball tournament. I release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Next Generation Sports, LLC, and/or its affiliate organizations, employees, coaches, including but not limited to its owners, from any and all legal actions, causes of actions, claims and demands for, upon or by reason of any injury which at any time may be sustained by a parent, coach, spectator, and/or but not limited to fans attending this basketball tournament.
Official protests must meet all of the following guidelines:
- Upon alleged infraction, protest must be communicated immediately to the official scorer’s table by the head coach (or assistant coach if the head coach has been ejected).
- Upon completion of the game, protest must immediately be communicated to the Site Director by the head coach.
- A $100.00 (cash) fee must accompany the written protest and be delivered to the Tournament Director within one hour of completion of the game.
- Protests pertaining to an official’s judgment call will not be considered. Protests in which a potential rule infraction has occurred may be considered if the infraction had a direct impact on the outcome of the game and falls within the guidelines of the correctable error rules.
- A committee will consider all protests and make every attempt to provide a ruling prior to the team’s next scheduled game.
- Successful protests will result in refund of the $50.00 protest fee.
- Unsuccessful protests will result in forfeiture of the $50.00 protest fee
It is the obligation of coaches, players, administrators, volunteers, and other representatives to practice the highest principles of sportsmanship and to observe the ethics of competition. Good sportsmanship is defined as qualities of behavior, which are characterized by courtesy and genuine concern for others. The display of good sportsmanship is a statement of the individual’s understanding and commitment to fair play, ethical behavior and integrity.
The following ethical guidelines should be observed by all coaches:
- The coach shall never place the value of winning above the value of instilling the highest desirable ideals of character. The coach must always consider the personal safety of the athlete.
- The coach shall be thoroughly acquainted with the rules and regulations of competition and shall be responsible for the interpretation to team members.
- Game officials shall have the respect and support of the coach. The coach shall not indulge in conduct which will intice the players or spectators against the officials. Public criticism of the officials or players is unethical.
- The coach should respect his opponents, display gracious behavior during competition and require his players to conduct themselves in similar fashion. Before and after the contest, rival coaches should exchange friendly greetings to set the correct tone for the event.
- Coaches shall actively use their influence to enhance sportsmanship by spectators