Tournament of Champions: Mathurine Report
I had a chance to check out some of the best high schools in the State of Georgia this Saturday at Wheeler High School for the Annual Tournament of Champions. The match ups were probably some of the best I’ve seen all season. Here are some players who caught my attention.
Jacob Wilkins 6’9 W/F Parkview
- Possesses a nice overall skill set coming from a basketball family.
- 3 level scorer with good length at 6’9
- Can handle the rock and work in the post.
- Underrated passer
Ace Bailey 6’9 W/F McEachern
- Can guard multiple positions
- Continues to show his range being able to step out and knock down multiple 3s
- Aggressive off the dribble
- Plays above the rim offensively and defensively
Arringten Page 6’9 F Wheeler
- Has improved every year at Wheeler
- Comfortable in the paint
- Reliable lob option and roll man. Executes his roll in a PNR very well
- Good rim protector
- Good awareness on both sides of the ball
Avery White 5’11/G Milton
- Very bright future, surprised he’s only a Sophomore with the confidence he plays with
- 3 level scorer
- Solid defender
- Scores in bunches and can get to spot with ease
- Comes from a good line of coaching especially at the guard spot.
T’Jonn Brown 5’11 G Kimball
- Plays with ball on a string. Tight dribble. Crafty ball Handler
- Gets teammates involves, makes great reads, understands court spacing
- High rate finisher at the rim
Josh Hill 6’11 F Wheeler
- Good Length
- Runs the floor extremely well for his size and can cover ground with ease
- Knows his game and what he excels at
- Reliable finisher